- Shahrukh Khan and Kajol in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: This iconic duo is the poster child for friendship goals. They are always there for each other, through thick and thin.
In summary, Rahul and Anjali's friendship was a complex, meaningful relationship that formed the emotional backbone of the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Their journey from platonic friends to lovers was portrayed in a touching way.
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan in Karan Arjun: These two brothers are always there for each other, no matter what. They are willing to do anything for each other, even if it means putting their own lives in danger.
Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan in Karan Arjun movie friendship and bond as brothers was a major emotional core of the film. Even though they were separated early on when they died, their brotherly connection brought them back together in reincarnation to seek revenge against those who had wronged them. Salman Khan played the role of Karan and Shah Rukh Khan played Arjun. Their chemistry and rapport as brothers came across very naturally and convincingly on screen. The scene where they finally meet again and recognize each other as brothers was quite emotional and impactful. The joy and love they expressed upon reuniting after being apart for so long was very moving. Their unwavering loyalty and willingness to protect each other at all costs made their brotherhood feel authentic. Whether taking on the villain together or having each other's back in fight scenes, their strong bond was evident. The song "Yeh Bandhan Toh Pyar Ka Bandhan Hai" celebrated their eternal friendship and kinship. The message was that some bonds transcend even death, as their brotherhood had.
Overall, Salman and Shah Rukh's depiction of brotherly love and friendship was widely praised and considered one of the emotional high points of the film by many viewers and critics. Their chemistry played a key role in making the reincarnation revenge theme work so well.
- Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor from Dil To Pagal Hai: These two best friends are always there for each other, through thick and thin. They are the ultimate girl power duo.
Madhuri was the serious, dedicated dancer while Karisma played a more carefree, fun-loving role. Their opposite personalities made for an interesting dynamic. Their friendship goes through ups and downs in the movie. At first, Madhuri resents Karisma's character for her lack of discipline and commitment to dance. However, they eventually bond over their mutual affection for Shah Rukh Khan's character. The climax dance performance shows their friendship evolving to a place of support and respect. Though different in personalities, they come together in perfect sync during the dance, symbolizing how their friendship has developed.
- Akshay Kumar and Suniel Shetty from Mohra (1994) and Ajnabee (2001): These two action heroes are the best of friends. They are always there to back each other up, no matter what.
Overall, their friendship seems like a positive example of camaraderie and work relationships in Bollywood. As contemporaries in the industry who have remained friends over changing times, their bond reflects an uplifting side of the film world.
- Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham: These two friends are from different worlds, but they find a way to connect. They are always there for each other, through good times and bad.
Overall, Hrithik and Kareena portrayed a unique, wholesome sibling-like friendship that formed an emotional core to the film's family drama. Their affection and support for each other remained strong despite obstacles.
These are just a few of the many on-screen friendships from 90s Bollywood that have stood the test of time. They are all examples of true friendship, and they continue to inspire fans today. The camaraderie between these iconic 90s jodis made their films memorable and helped cement on-screen friendships as an enduring Bollywood formula. Their rapport enthralled audiences and inspired future generations of actors.
Which is your favorite on-screen jodi (couple) from the 90s? Stay tuned as we explore these memorable friendships and what made them so special.