The Barbie movie is the latest in a long line of Hollywood films that have reached the $1 billion milestone. Here is a list of the fastest Hollywood films to reach $1 billion at the box office:
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) - 5 days
- Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) - 14 days
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) - 12 days
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - 11 days
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) - 12 days
- Jurassic World (2015) - 13 days
- Furious 7 (2015) - 17 days
- The Fate of the Furious (2017) - 18 days
- Avatar (2009) - 19 days
It is worth noting that the box office landscape has changed significantly since Avatar was released in 2009. The rise of streaming services has led to a decline in theatrical attendance, and the COVID-19 pandemic has further disrupted the industry. As a result, it is becoming more difficult for films to reach the $1 billion milestone.
However, the Barbie movie is a strong contender to reach the milestone. The film has been well-received by critics and audiences alike, and it has benefited from strong marketing and promotion. If the film continues to perform well at the box office, it is likely to reach $1 billion within the next few days.